Show AI skill level in statistics

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Mhondoz

Show AI skill level in statistics

Post by Mhondoz »

Hi.

I have a feature request/idea: It would be nice to see the skill level of the AI pilots in the Mission Details statistics where you see the pilot name of human pilots (the Victor / Vanquished columns). So instead of "HumanPlayer_x" it is "AI Rookie" or something like that.

I guess this is a "niche" feature that most of you probably don't see or find useful because you fly with full squads and most pilots are human, but for us flying with just a couple human pilots and the rest AI that would be nice. :-)

By the way, how is the AI skill distributed in SEOW, for example with reinforcements, do they all start as rookies and then advance if they survive, or is it random? Also in one unit, do they always have the same skill, so that you either have a flight of four aces or four rookies for example?. One of the nice features with DCG campaigns is when you can see in the debriefing you shot down an ace for example... ;-)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Mhondoz,

We should be able to add the AI skill level to the events list. It is certainly useful, since most SEOW campaigns incorporate many AI aircraft.

Reinforcements are allocated skills as per the skills setting in the DCS. All aircraft in the same flight will have the same skill. Skills in flights do not evolve over time.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Done, skills display for active AI flights now optional in Complete Combat Actions List on the Mission Details page of the statistics. This feature is enabled/disabled with a simple variable setting in MP-StatisticsMetadata.php.

Available with Statistics v1.103.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Mhondoz

Post by Mhondoz »

Wow! That was quick!

Thanks a lot :-)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

If you want Stats v1.103, just pm me your email and I'll send it out.

To see it in action, look at http://seowhq.net/MP4/Statistics/MP-Mis ... r=Murmansk

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

very appreciated!
22GCT_Gross
Mhondoz

Post by Mhondoz »

PM sent.

I understand that it will involve a lot of work, but I think it would be a nice feature to have pilots as a "resource" too. In the same fashion that aircraft breakdown rate historically was different for the various nations because of shortage of fuel and materials for example, the availability of experienced pilots also played a major role.

It will add an RPG like element to it, and it could be like in DCG and DGEN campaigns, where you can follow the AI pilots progress in the squadron.

So when you get a new reinforcement with four new planes, they could be piloted by four rookies. If they survive the first missions, they advance and becomes more valuable for the team over time. Then you may need squadron personel "top-ups" after some time, filling up with rookies, while the still living veterans are leading the flights...

Well it's just an idea :-) ...
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

I do'nt know if it's a bug:
In our actual campaign, I put skill in DCS on "average" for all planes. When I download the mission, same planes, specially red planes (about 10%) are on "rookies". The others planes are on "average".
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Wow, I'll check it out.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer