Points for bombing factories

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

kawilder

Points for bombing factories

Post by kawilder »

~S~ all,
I have been testing a template that I have added factories to and I have noticed no points are given for the distruction of a factory. They show up as destroyed when they are bombed in the mission planner like they should. Is there any thing that can be added to the database files to change this, so that a point value will be posted in the SEOW stats. Maybe in object cost section or someplace?

~S~

kawilder
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Hi Kawilder,
Seow score system is a bit different than other game you are used to find on IL2 community.
It's never a prize for the pilot performance, but it's always the damage you caused to your opponents expressed in term of cost needed to build the destroyed target.
As the factories have no cost (they aren't in the object_cost table), no score will be registered.
Anyway statistics tell you the list of destroyed factories. By destroying factories and fuel dumps, you can slow down the opponent production and achieve a strategical advantage.
On the other hand, a factory cost in not needed, since factories can be only automatically repaired on not repaired at all.
22GCT_Gross
kawilder

Post by kawilder »

OK so I guess my question is what do I need to name it in the cost table then?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi kawilder,

Placing factory names in the Object_Costs table won't give you the result you are after either. Basically, the system doesn't support assigning point values to industrial infrastructure.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

kawilder

Post by kawilder »

RGR that m8, I will put some train cars or something in it so when they bomb it they will get some points in the game at least,lol.

thanks all

~S~

kawilder