Factories Management and Destruction

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Ala13_Mdie

Factories Management and Destruction

Post by Ala13_Mdie »

Hi all:

We are running a Campaign in Moscow map, and we are finding some mistakes in the .mis file generation as far as some bugs in manageing factories and production. Step by step:

Teh problem is in the Mozhaysk Industrial zone, and as you can see, there is an objective target (the Gaz car) inside a factory that appears as destroyed in the map. In the same way, the factory structure that was 'destructable' has no car inside, so the bombers hit the structure, but as there was nothing inside the factory was not recogniced as destroyed by DCS.

We were looking for the bug, and we found that
Image when we opened the .mis file in the FMB in Il-2.

I think that there's an uncorrect relation between factory 3 and its destruction code in DB, because if I look in the DB (Industrial_Installations) the coordinates where the car will appear are right, but when DCS generate the Destruction Codes while generating the .mis file, it mistakes the code for Factory 3 for the one of Factory 6... I think. :?:

I've been looking for one table in DB that links those codes whit the factories, but I've haven't found it. The Destruction_Code fields in Industrial _Installations are 'NULL', and in the Destruction_Codes table are only fields for Crimea and Normandy Maps. But the fact is that all the factories appears destroyed properly, but this one (and number 6).

Another question is that when we select a sector/city for changeing the industrial production (Change Sector->Logistics->Industrial) it appears a message like
'There are no factories under Allied control on this map, so no industrial production can be initiated
but the fact is that they are.

It happens in both sides, but not always, so I don't know where neither where to look for the bug in the MP scripts. Sorry.

And the last question, for now, is that the factories don't get repaired when they should be. I'm repairing them by hand, after analycing a mision, and following the times since they were destroyed.

I wish it won't be much difficult to fix, because I'm changeing the DB by hand almost everyday, so I'll learn to do it finally. :roll: :wink:

S!

P.D: I don't remember if I sent the improved views of Moscow map for the MP. If I didn't, the link for unload the new zoom views of cities and airfields is here.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Mdie,

Nice bug report, thank you! Which version of the DB are you using? A range of fixes has recently been made for the DCS and MP as part of the Aces testing, but we haven't been looking at the Moscow map to see if there are DB-related errors for the factories there.

The damage coding in the mis file is generated through the Tile_Map_Codes table, which relates spatial coordinates to damage codes. Spatial coordinates of destroyed factories are taken from the Industrial_Installations table. The Moscow factory set in Industrial_Installations may be wrong. I will look at this soon.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Wow, just downloaded the new Moscow mapping support. Nice!
This will be included in the next release.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Mdie,

I just ran a little campaign on the Moscow map. I bombed Mozhaysk Factory 3. The DCS placed target objects correctly during the Build, and recognized Factory 3 destruction correctly during the Analyze.

But there can be an issue with the way damage tiles overlap with factories on the ground. The damage tiles are 200x200 metre squares that IL-2 uses to show environmental damage. Unfortunately, the squares and factories/fuel dumps don't line up perfectly, so part of a factory may lie in a damaged tile and another part in an undamaged tile. If the target location is in the undamaged tile, but most of the factory is in a damaged tile, then the factory building may show as destroyed while still having a target in it.

Perhaps this is what has happened in your report?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Ala13_Mdie

Post by Ala13_Mdie »

Well, in the last mision I flew there where one intact factory building in Vyazma with no car (kettenkrad) inside. Once broken (the factory and me, because of the high steel density in the air = AAA :wink: ) I saw that there where a vehicle only in one of the two factories I destroyed.

If it's like you say en your last reply, what's the solution?

We changed to the last DCS version (V13), and then we made a clock advance, but fails went still on. In fact, everytime we generate a mision DCS makes an Error report about front markers generation, but we got used to it, and I'm afraid I don't remember the literal text of those messages.

We stopped the Moscow campaign because the host server felt down and the eventlog.lst file was not complete. We analized the file, but there where mistakes beetwen the statistics loaded and the objects we destroyed during the mission. After that I tried to restore the database to the before generating state, but I was not able to fix the error beetwen the .mis and the .lst, as I did in the 4th mission, and the DB was getting worst, so the best solution was to stop the campaign.

Now we are preparing a new one in Kuban, with 'hand made factories' to set both sides as similar as possible in industrial production capacity. When we finish the preparations we'll tell you. Maybe it can be interesting for other people to prepare their campaign in similar production capacities.
The only question we have to resolve is how to make that destroyed 'hand made' factories appears like they should be. At the moment, we have made that destroyed factories appears with smoke inside (Smoke$Smoke2), but it would be great that there would be some way to 'destroy' them properly. Is there any way?

Well, in fact, if you make that DCS generate a empty of fuel bomb loaded aircraft inside the factory, thus just starting, IA pilot drop the bombs that should break the structure. Once the mission is finished DCS should compare if this factory is destroyed in the fisrt 30 seconds of flight or if it's destroyed by somebody.

And the other question is about manageing the factories. We were with the last MP version, and it didn't let us change the factories production, so...

S!

P.D: Forgiveme for the delay on replying, but I'm 'job crowded'. Sorry.