Bug Reports: Tubruq Patch (with multi-sector campaigning)

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

Bug Reports: Tubruq Patch (with multi-sector campaigning)

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Please post bug reports here.

Cheers,
4Shades
Last edited by IV/JG7_4Shades on Fri 24 Jan 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

The first bug report comes from II./JG1_Krupinski (aka Raven) regarding incorrect counting of losses of units transported by crashing gliders. I have corrected this and have a zip of the new Statistic engine (v1.91) if anyone wants it.

Many thanks Raven,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

rnzoli

Error message in MP, MP-SQL.php on line 518

Post by rnzoli »

Installed latest MP and SEDCS, and after importing the DB and initializing the campaign successfully (without errors), we get this error after login to MP and trying to select a city or a sector:

Commander Allied Headquarters, please wait. We are gathering the latest intelligence from Allied HQ ...
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Apache2.2\htdocs\MP4\Scripts\MP-SQL.php on line 518

Fatal error: Call to a member function Close() on a non-object in C:\Apache2.2\htdocs\MP4\Scripts\MP-SQL.php on line 524

mysql-5.0.45-win32
SEOW Mission Planner v4.396
{running on Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP/5.2.1}
Fully automatic, dedicated COOP server controller.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Read the release notes detail at http://seowhq.net/seowforum/viewtopic.php?t=309

:D

The Object_Specifications table has changed for ALL databases in the SEDB31c patch.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

rnzoli

Post by rnzoli »

Believe it or not, 3 of us were reading it and could not figure out what to do :) (well, it was past midnight our time, so maybe that's explaining it a bit :( )

We knew that the mentioned php lines were very close to the artillery range stuff, what lead us astray was that we completely overlooked the new obj.specification table in the sedb31c_new patch, I was personally thinking that those files are only the mapxxxLite.sql files for the additional maps, and had no idea that every time a DB is created with the mapLite.sql file from sedb31c, we should also import the new objectspecification .sql file from the sedbc31c_new folder as well.

Many thanks for giving us a hand on TS :!:
Fully automatic, dedicated COOP server controller.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Missing Smolensk rail bridge:
Smolensk Metal 0 0 0 Railway Bridge 400 86900 113300

Capitalization error in GS/GS_SOG.php, lines 385-390:
if ( AlignmentControl($Alignment) == 'r' ) {
$SQLReserves = "SELECT Map, Allied_OffMap_Reserves AS Reserve FROM OffMap_Supply_Reserves WHERE Map='".$Map."';";
}
else {
$SQLReserves = "SELECT Map, Axis_OffMap_Reserves AS Reserve FROM OffMap_Supply_Reserves WHERE Map='".$Map."';";
}
Note the spelling of "OffMap"!!! The old (wrong) way was "Offmap". This is only important for Linux installs where filenames are case-sensitive.

Thanks to Brandle for helping me find these problems.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

242Sqn_Chap has just alerted me to a potential problem regarding the handling of some destruction events for army units. Basically, for army units with long platoon names, the (rare) "crashed" events for these units would be written to the ObjMissionDisposition table, exceeding the dimensioned length of the Obj and ObjGroup fields.

I recommend increasing the lengths of these fields from 20 to 255 characters.

Many thanks Chap!

4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Brandle has alerted me to an issue with counting of installations destroyed by bombing-induced wildfires. SE DCS v3.1.8 corrects this problem.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

22GCT_Gross and 1.Java_Sjonnie have alerted me to a coordinate error for Kauen Airbase in Kurland. The correct Airbases table record for Kauen is:
Kauen Field Kurland 23 normal 232885.98 11865.41 231682.61 10492.47 n 0
Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I finally found the bug that was causing Kapt's problems with searchlights at airbases. This is fixed in DCS v3.1.9. If you are running a campaign and want to switch to v3.1.9, make sure you remove any errant searchlights from your Scenery_Stationary table first.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

A couple of issues have come to light in the Aces test campaign. These have been fixed in the new SEDCS v3.1.10. These are:

1. Factory Repair was not being handled properly during Clock Advances.

2. A more subtle issue surrounded advanced seaplane operations. Many people already know that seaplanes can "transit" at sea in between missions, i.e. they don't have to land at designated seaplane bases. If transiting at sea, they do not need to spend a rearm period before flying next (the "override" procedure works). The issue of concern was in terms of reconnaissance results for transiting seaplanes. If you order your seaplane to perform a recon mission and then tell it to land at sea behind enemy lines, then a curious thing happens. The crew bails out, regardless of proximity to enemy units. Previous DCS versions assumed this to mean that recon intel would be lost. The new version will ignore bailed/captured seaplane crews for the purposes of recon intell assessment. The rationale for this is that seaplanes were high-investment airframes with excellent communications, quite capable of transmitting in code whilst over target. Thus, once they achieve a recon point their information will be radioed to base immediately. Staging seaplanes at see far behind enemy lines is a valid use of seaplane assets in SEOW.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

PA-Dore

Tubruq initializing problem

Post by PA-Dore »

I tried initialize a new campaign on Tubruq map (MTO 4.09b1m). I haved this message when uploading the template:

What's the solution Professor 4Shades? :wink:
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Dore,

Do exactly what the message says: you need to ensure you have enough army divisions defined in the Army_Units table to provide names for all the units in your template. You can edit the Army_Units table to define all the divisions used on both sides. For example, if you want "1 Dore Artillery" as an Allied artillery unit in Tubruq, you would add that as an "A" class division.

Because we can't anticipate all potential scenarios used for every different SEOW sector, we can't provide suitable lists of divisions in the Army_Units table - that is up to the designer/admin. Note that each separate division expands to 64 platoons. So if you have 600 Axis flak guns in the template, you will need at least 10 Axis "A" class divisions in that sector to generate enough platoon names for the flak guns.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Thanks again Herr Professor :wink:
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

SEDCS v3.1.13 just released - more problems with factory repair during Clock Advances. Hopefully finalized now!

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer