Bug Reports: B16Enk's seow_server_v1.0

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

Bug Reports: B16Enk's seow_server_v1.0

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Please use this thread for bug reports and technical discussion of B16Enk's great all-in-one installer for SEOW.
Last edited by IV/JG7_4Shades on Fri 24 Jan 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

EJGr.Ost_Chamel

Post by EJGr.Ost_Chamel »

I have a problem with the Uniform Server.
In the mission planner it is not possible to tick the check-boxes in the list of scheduled missions. No error message - just nothing happens!
It is not a problem on the client side as I can tick check boxes on another SEOW-Server from the same client.

Greetings

Chamel
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

This sounds like a Mozilla/Firefox issue. Many people run Firefox with the IETab add-on installed. The trick here is to ensure that your Firefox client uses the IETab to render all MP pages. It may be that you have told Firefox to use IETab for the other SEOW server address, but not for your Uniform server address.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

EJGr.Ost_Chamel

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:This sounds like a Mozilla/Firefox issue. Many people run Firefox with the IETab add-on installed. The trick here is to ensure that your Firefox client uses the IETab to render all MP pages. It may be that you have told Firefox to use IETab for the other SEOW server address, but not for your Uniform server address.
No, this was not the problem. Yes, I am using IE-Tab but until I read your post here, I didn't even know, that I can setup Firefox to open certain addresses automatically with IE-Tab! :oops: :lol: So I always opened the server pages manually in an "IE-Tab"-Tab.
And even opening the server in original IE doesn't fix my problem.

Cheerio

Chamel
B16Enk

Post by B16Enk »

~S~ Chamel, I'll investigate and report back.
B16Enk

Post by B16Enk »

I'm not able to repeat this error at my end.

Using the 'Star of Africa' template:

Map Sector:
Cyrenaica (http://localhost/mp4/Cyrenaica/Cyrenaica_Sector.php)

Created two new missions.
Click 'Scheduled Missions'
Tick boxes enabled and functioning.

Script time out warning is an issue with IE, and this does sound as though the script has not been able to complete.

Perhaps if I could have a copy of the mission you are trying to run?

I will PM you my email address so you can send it, or I can create an ftp account for you.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

The Star of Afrika campaign has many mobile units in the template. If you don't want to retain these movements, after loading the template, you can just do a "Remove In Progress" operation with the DCS to clear out the template waypoints. The MP screens will load much faster after that.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

B16Enk

Post by B16Enk »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:The Star of Afrika campaign has many mobile units in the template. If you don't want to retain these movements, after loading the template, you can just do a "Remove In Progress" operation with the DCS to clear out the template waypoints. The MP screens will load much faster after that.

Cheers,
4S
Ah..but as it is it's a good 'stress test'.

I think I passed too :lol:
EJGr.Ost_Chamel

B16Enk wrote:I'm not able to repeat this error at my end.

Using the 'Star of Africa' template:

Map Sector:
Cyrenaica (http://localhost/mp4/Cyrenaica/Cyrenaica_Sector.php)

Created two new missions.
Click 'Scheduled Missions'
Tick boxes enabled and functioning.

Script time out warning is an issue with IE, and this does sound as though the script has not been able to complete.

Perhaps if I could have a copy of the mission you are trying to run?

I will PM you my email address so you can send it, or I can create an ftp account for you.
I'm at work now, so I can't mail the mission now. But this problem occured on my Server with several different missions - so I am quite sure, that it's not mission related.
And it's not an issue with the script time-out warning. I had to fiddle with these but found a way to avoid them via a registry edit ( http://raf74.net/seow/viewtopic.php?p=663#663 )

I need the server for a LAN party next weekend - so I will probably set up another server installation on my notebook this evening - probably using XAMPP ( http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html ). But anyway the Uniform server project should be continued as it looks like the easiest way for newcomers to set up a server.

Greetings

Chamel
B16Enk

Post by B16Enk »

XAMP is good, I use it too.

Back to your issue.

What are your security settings in IE for 'Intranet'?

I haven't been able to replicate this on two other systems, both running XP SP2 and IE7.
On the slower machines there is a delay before the boxes become checked, but not an appreciable delay.
EJGr.Ost_Chamel

I found the problem ... and as usually, the problem was in front of the monitor. Image
I had edited the Mp-Head.js file according to Goanna's posting ( http://raf74.net/seow/viewtopic.php?p=5 ... light=#577 ) but somehow I must have done something wrong. Anyway, after installing XAMPP on my machine and copying over the MP-files I found, that the same problem occured under XAMPP too. So I thought about what I had changed and remembered that edit. After replacing the file Mp-Head.js with the original version, everything runs fine now.
Well, so I have now two working WAMP installations on my machine! :lol:

Thanks for your patience

Chamel
B16Enk

Post by B16Enk »

B16Enk breathes a huge sigh of relief :)

I too so often suffer from the problem of a nut loose between keyboard and chair...LOL thanks for the update M8, much appreciated.
Goanna

Post by Goanna »

The IT guys at work would call that a PICNIC problem - Problem In Chair Not In Computer :-) :wink:

Cheers

Goanna
EJGr.Ost_Chamel

Hi there,

Enk's server in its current form does not support InnoDB tables! It's strange, that SEOW runs more or less on this server, but when you call some statistics (I realized the problem when I tried to get a detailed mission statistic), the server won't respond.

I fixed it with the following changes in the InnoDB part of the my-small.cnf file.
Old:

Code: Select all

# Uncomment the following if you are NOT using innodb tables
skip-innodb

# Uncomment the following if you are using Innobase tables
#innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:100M
#innodb_data_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/data/
#innodb_log_group_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/data/
#innodb_log_arch_dir = /usr/local/mysql/data/
#set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
#set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3
#set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=5M
#set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
#innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
#innodb_log_archive=0
#set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=16M
#set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M
#set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4
#set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50
New:

Code: Select all

# Uncomment the following if you are NOT using innodb tables
#skip-innodb

# Uncomment the following if you are using Innobase tables
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:100M
innodb_data_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/data/
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/data/
innodb_log_arch_dir = /usr/local/mysql/data/
set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=5M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
innodb_log_archive=0
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=16M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M
set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50
I just took the values for the InnoDB parameters as they were in the original file. It's surely possible to optimize these values, but it works like this. 8)

Greetings

Chamel
B16Enk

Post by B16Enk »

Hmm.

OK lesson learnt!

I will work on getting an update to the server.