SEOW and mods

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

II/JG54_Emil

SEOW and mods

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

I know that SEOW is playable with 4.08m and 4.09 History SFX Mod.

Now since it would be great to have it compatible with Ultr@pack i.e., what changes do need to be made and where do they have to be done?
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

So far so good, I started checking what the event.lst looks like when I run one an the same mission in Ultr@pack and History SFX Mod.

Hotchkiss H35 vs Pz IV results in an absolutely identical event.lst.

Have to check with other items aswell.

But what I think it comes down to is that we can use Ultr@pack to run a campaign. :D
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Hello Emil,

there's no limit to use any mod version while playing a SE campaign.
It's rather a boring matter as you have to ensure that any object, any airforce squadron name and any aircraft loadout in the IL2 modded database will match exactly your campaign's database.

I had a long experience with this by using the AWI mod, and I can say the best is to use only ONE modded game on Scorched Earth campaigns. Trust in me.
22GCT_Gross
Jager

History mod too heavy, why?

Post by Jager »

Tried the History SFX Mod and BOY it takes realllllly long time to start the game, why is it so???

It takes almost 7 minutes to load to the main selection screen.
And the fps was also halved on settings that run the basic 4.09b with perfect just fine.

Awi Mod any better to use and where to find it?

Sorry for sidelining a bit. :wink:
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

AirWarItaly mod by Veltro is lighter but it's going to be discarded as we agreed to switch on the new and soon coming release of History. This release is announced to be as fast as the official game and 409m compatible.
We're waiting also for the new SE release working with the new History.
22GCT_Gross
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

22GCT_Gross wrote:It's rather a boring matter as you have to ensure that any object, any airforce squadron name and any aircraft loadout in the IL2 modded database will match exactly your campaign's database.
How exactly do you do that?
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

- grabbing all object and squadron data from txt file into the MOD folders; (or, putting any object in a mission file, then extracting the object's strings)
- putting them in a sheet or in a database then querying with the mysql data;
- comparing and finding the data in the txt files and missing in the mysql tables;
- inserting the missing data in the mysql tables

If campaign database was missing of some objects you might be unable to inizialize your campaign;
If you inizialized your campaign using loadouts or airforce units not matching with the database contents, SEDCS will build missions your game will be unable to load.
22GCT_Gross
Ala13_Nachote

Post by Ala13_Nachote »

Hello :)

We have just started trials with a seow campaing with the English Channel map and UltraPack 1.7 and it works OK ... but by now for simplicity only with game stock airplanes... and now flyable IAs in 41-42 years: Mosquito IV, B17E, human recons with Fw200 and Fw189 etc. because if we use "new" mods planes they must be added in the tables and by now we keep it simple :). Also we use only game stock vehicles, tanks and ships, but fly Channel map in Seow is stunning !.

S!
Ala13_Nachote
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Ultr@pack 1.8 version will be compatible with History SFX mod! :D
It will be released when the official 4.09m will be released.

So that is in 2 weeks time.