Trouble at the airbase!

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

BBloke

Trouble at the airbase!

Post by BBloke »

Hi All,

We are continuing to run our Italian campaign but have hit upon a small quandry.

Our transport planes have brought in reinforcements from another airfield. This went well but sadly the newly delivered units are now parked at the map reference that relates to the LANDING point of the airstrip.

Whilst this is not too much of a problem it has caused some issues with AI planes landing and I thought I noticed an AA unit obstructing planes awaiting TAKEOFF. (This only happens when there are a few planes in the line up).

The base in question was Foggia.

Is there a set pattern for transported object dispersal? Is there something I can change to stop it from happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BBloke
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi BBloke,

I am not sure of this, but I thought the transported units should still be on board the transport aircraft until disembarked by the commander. When disembarkation occurs the commander actually selects on the map the disembarkation locaiton for each unit (within 3 km radius of the transport aircraft). I'll try to check this out tonight.

If you have AAA too close to the runway, you can always load the AAA onto a transport aircraft, then immediately unload it again, choosing a new position. Or, even simpler, just move your AAA.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

BBloke

Post by BBloke »

I think our commander may have tried to move the AA. I also noticed there was a static gun and a ZIS 5 truck at the same co-ords.

Thanks for taking the time on this. I've opted to move them manually if it continues. It a shame the object interferes with landing AI :)

Thanks again
BBloke
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi BBloke,

I just found a bug in air transport unloading - will release a patch soon.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Thanks Shades.

Squish that lil sucker!
BBloke