Bug Reports: SEDCSv3.1.x, MP4-v4.360, SEDB31

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

EJGr.Ost_Chamel

Post by EJGr.Ost_Chamel »

I am posting here although I am not sure, whether what I found is actually a bug. Image

I tried to initialize the template "Kanalkrankheit" but DCS gave me three times the following sequence of two error messages:
  • modUtilities.getStationaryType: unknown Stationary directive ships.Ship$RwyCon
  • modUtilities.subGetFuelCapacity: no such type as unknown
Other templates make no problems.

Informations about my SEOW-System:
Win XP SP2
B16Enk's seow_server_v1.0
SEDB31

Any hints are welcome!

Greetings

Chamel
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Chamel,

Aah, that template was an early one. Just open the .mis file and remove all instances of static "Ship$RwyCon" objects. These are temp runways which should not be in the template. Check it out and see if you can find any other issues. Please report back.

What did you think of B16Enk's seow_server_v1.0 ?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

EJGr.Ost_Chamel

Post by EJGr.Ost_Chamel »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:Just open the .mis file and remove all instances of static "Ship$RwyCon" objects. These are temp runways which should not be in the template. Check it out and see if you can find any other issues. Please report back.
Hmmm, but there are planes based on these temporary bases. The initialization continues after the error messages and the Hurris, which should be placed on one of these bases, appear on the nearby seaplane base.
Ok, I will try to come around this trouble or check out another template.
IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:What did you think of B16Enk's seow_server_v1.0 ?
That's absolutely fantastic! :mrgreen: I have a SEOW-server on linux running here at my home, but I needed an installation on my windows notebook for showing the SEOW system on a small IL2 LAN-Party next weekend. It was very easy and quick to do this with Enk's package!

We just have to write a small readme with some hints how to do the last tuning of the server - the only thing I had to fiddle with was how to open access to the server for addresses other than localhost. If we give explanations about this point and probably a few others, than every PC noob will be able to setup a Scorched Earth server!

Cheerio,

Chamel
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

New Patch release for SEDCS: v3.1.2

I have just made a new DCS bug patch available for download. This version is called SEDCS v3.1.2, and is 100% compatible with the current SEOW 3.1 database and MP4-v4.360. If you are running campaigns with SEDCS3.1.1 you can safely swap to SEDCS3.1.2 without affecting your existing campaigns detrimentally.

Here are the important changes:

(*) Fixed immediate airbase control allocations for campaigns using Fog Of War (IV/JG7_Warg)
(*) Fixed missing flights for campaigns with both Fog Of War and Supply Tracking options selected (IV/JG7_Warg)
(*) Corrected Supply Drop handling for Fog Of War
(*) Corrected handling of Control Point markers in templates (IV/JG7_Warg)
(*) Corrected supply usage for mobile units to be at least the idle consumption rate - this stops short trips using less fuel than remaining idle (II/JG77Hawk_5)
(*) Removed errant debug code from modComplexGround that was causing an "invalid index" error message (II/JG77Hawk_5)
(*) Escalated "insufficient platoons" template loading errors to vbCritical status, ensuring that they appear whenever encountered, even if "Information Popups" is deselected (IV/JG7_Warg)

Many thanks to all users and testers who provided valuable feedback for this patch.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

A couple of bugs have come to light:

Broken flotilla affiliations for ship reinforcements (reported by II/JG3K.Brandle)

Incorrect supply usage in task forces (reported by 102nd_HR_cmirko)

I have fixed the first bug, looking at second bug now. Patches will be forthcoming soon.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

New Bug Patches for DCS and MP. Here are the changes:

MP4-v4.373
*) Improved supply drop targeting
*) Objects with Range=0 in Object_Specifications table are no longer able to be moved in the MP - a great way to specify fixed gun positions etc. (II/JG3K.Brandle)
*) Corrected naval affiliations for ship reinforcements (II/JG3K.Brandle)
*) Task Force endurance is equal to minimum endurance of comprising units - prevents task forces dispersing as units run out of fuel (102nd_HR_cmirko)
*) Supply vehicles can now load supply from airbases (Ala13_Mdie)
*) Display of enemy morale-influencing status now corrected (II/JG3K.Brandle)
*) Aircraft may now be tasked to take off or land at airbases in dispute, if the "Takeoff Under Fire" campaign setting is enabled (Hitcher)
Statistics-v1.78 (included in the MP 373 patch)
*) Corrected MSAccess errors (Jg2001_Quax)
*) Removed spurious debug code "exists/not exists" (RAF23_Kapt, No457_Squog)
*) Corrected Object Roles exploder bug (Jg2001_Quax)
*) Removed IL2 kill scores from Mission Details page, leaving only the marksmanship table (crazyivan, II/JG3K.Brandle)

SEDCS-v3.1.3
*) Corrected multiple counting of supply usage for mobile units (102nd_HR_cmirko)
*) Correction of supply drop logic for Fog Of War option

These patches are to be applied to systems running SEOW v3.1, i.e. with SEDB31 and MP4-v4.360 or later. Installation of the patches should not affect campaigns in progress on the current 3.1 release.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Kapt

Post by Kapt »

Thank you and installed patches but getting a few new errors with individual pilot stats.

[EDIT]
Corrected and thank you.
Last edited by Kapt on Sat 22 Sep 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Kapt,

It looks like your patch wasn't installed properly, since your stats pages show v1.77, instead of v1.78.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Kapt was perfectly correct - there is a bug in Stats 1.78 that occurs for MS Access databases. Download Statistics v1.79 now! This is a separate download to MP4-4.373. Thanks Kapt! :)

To be clear about installing the new Statistic engine, you must see the following things:

1/ The correct release number at the foot of the "Statistics for Active Campaigns" page.
2/ The new table "Pilot Marksmanship Report (possibly incomplete)" halfway down each Mission Details page. This table replaces the old "Pilot Scores Sheet (by Score, as recorded at mission end)" table.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Kapt has found another bug: a missing bridge in New Guinea.

The missing line in the Bridges table is:
Map Obj_Construction Obj_Name Damage_Name Obj_State Obj_Type Length X_Axis Y_Axis
New Guinea Wooden 121 V1 0 Road Bridge 400 120550 87300
Many thanks Kapt!

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Kapt

Post by Kapt »

Funny thing is that bridge is on top of a hill with no road near it. In sector AM/9.

But i get no error when i debrief now...lol
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Oops, we need to swap the X and Y coordinates of the bridge!
:oops:
Map Obj_Construction Obj_Name Damage_Name Obj_State Obj_Type Length X_Axis Y_Axis
New Guinea Wooden 121 V1 0 Road Bridge 400 87300 120550
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Kapt

Post by Kapt »

It's close to a unmarked bridge but proper coordinates are:

New Guinea Metal 121 V1 0 Road Bridge 400 87300 125500
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I think Kapt has it! :D
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Paddington

Post by Paddington »

i have find several mistakes Smolensk map. i'm generating list for these mistakes. But how du i repair these extra roads.
You can see these roads if u go my server and see smolensk map and look sektor maps.

I'm also sending these hi resolution (areal photos) maps to you so you can but them optional distribution.