First time using the software

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Zoi

First time using the software

Post by Zoi »

I'm no computer person. I have set up simple webpages and shopping carts. Unfortunately I seem unable to get this to work on my local machine running WAMP and using MySQL .

I can't seem to connect to the database. I get the following error connecting to the MP-admin.php.
The connection settings defined for All Sectors in the "Scripts\MP-Connection.php" script are insufficent
to establish a valid connection to the designated Scorched Earth database. All connections are aborted.

Here are the defined connection settings for All Sectors.

Campaign Sector All Sectors
Database Provider MySQL
Server Address "localhost"
Server Port 3306
Combined Address "localhost:3306"
Server Account "seow"
Server Password "pass"
Database "SEDB32G_NewGuinea"
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi wolfhnd,

You need to be 100% sure that your DB is set up correctly on your MySQL server before attempting to connect the MP. The easiest way to do this is to download a nice MySQL management tool like Navicat for MySQL. You can get a free download version.

You then connect to your MySQL server and DB with Navicat using identical connections settings that you would use for the MP. Navicat allows you to edit/build/delete/examine databases easily and is highly recommended. Once you are sure your DB is created and populated, THEN you get the MP talking to it.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

I want to to reiterate that I'm new to this sort of thing and if it is too much trouble I understand.

As best I can tell the database is set up right.

Here is a picture of the database from php admin.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm98 ... Image1.jpg

This is the error in SEOW MP admin.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\SEOW\MP4public\Scripts\adodb\adodb.inc.php
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Wolfhnd,

Yes, your database looks OK.
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\SEOW\MP4public\Scripts\adodb\adodb.inc.php
This suggests to me that you are using PHP 5.3.x and probably the pre-PHP v5.3.x version of the MP. Have a look at http://seowhq.net/seowforum/viewtopic.php?t=687. Please confirm your PHP and MP versions.

Note that the very latest MP version is always available using the MPAutoUpdater tool that can be downloaded from the software site.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

My php is 5.3.0

I couldn't get the autoupdate to work it said "try a real password" so I did the manual patch from 4.710 to 4.722

Still getting the same error message. I think I need to enter a line for each sector in the connection.php but not sure how to go about it since I only have one database.
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Update

Downloaded the tarballs to get the latest files for GS and Scripts. Error now is just can't connect without the deprecated message. I'm not sure that is progress lol
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Aah, you will not get it to work without the latest dev files. You can only get these using MPAutoUpdate or if I release them as a patch file for download. I'll ask Squog about the "get a real password" thing, and also update a consolidated patch.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Patch to v4.733 now uploaded. This contains the PHP v5.3.x compliance. Please report any problems with using this. I am between versions in the MP development, so some bits of the new code may have made it into this patch.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

No457_Squog

Post by No457_Squog »

WH_wolfhnd wrote:I couldn't get the autoupdate to work it said "try a real password"
Because the MP4public section of the CVS Repository is open to the public, no password is required. The message you're seeing is an indication that you're connecting to the CVS with the correct credentials.

If nothing happens beyond that point (no scrolling text in that window, etc...) then the short answer is to let the AutoUpdater download the complete MP4public repository. This ensures seamless functionality of the AutoUpdater and you get the very latest MP in the process :)

To perform this operation:
  1. Rename your MP4public folder to something else ( MP4public_ )
  2. Re-run the installation for the AutoUpdater
  3. Point it to the same place you installed it to last time
  4. When prompted, cancel the CVSNT setup (already installed!)
  5. When prompted, let the installer perform a 'checkout'
From this point you need to customise your MP4 to work with your individual computer's setup. The files you need to configure are:
  • MP4public\Scripts\MP-Connection.php
  • MP4public\Scripts\MP-Configuration.php
If you need any extra help at this stage of the process, it can be helpful to consult the wiki.

After you've done that you shouldn't have any issues and the shortcut on the desktop will constantly update your installation from now on! :)
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Thank you for taking the time to help a less than competent computer person. I'm amazed with what you guys have done here.

I will try this all tomorrow.
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

The update app worked after deleting the folders as it said on the wiki and as you instructed. Still gives me the password comment but goes ahead and updates everything.

I'm still having the same problem with the mission planner.
No valid database connection found for All Sectors - login aborted.

The connection settings defined for All Sectors in the "Scripts\MP-Connection.php" script are insufficent
to establish a valid connection to the designated Scorched Earth database. All connections are aborted.

Here are the defined connection settings for All Sectors.

Campaign Sector All Sectors
Database Provider MySQL
Server Address "localhost"
Server Port 3306
Combined Address "localhost:3306"
Server Account "seow"
Server Password "pass"
Database "SEDB32G_NewGuinea"

If you see this page, report to your Scorched Earth host.

I wasn't getting the drop down boxes for the sectors so I added them manually, the boxes now show up but they are all set to default and cannot be changed. When I save changes in the MP admin app all my manual changes are lost and the drop down boxes disappear.

Thinking about trying some other webserver software in case that is the problem. WAMP has worked for me before but it could be part of the problem.

I'm using Windows 7 Home as my operating system, maybe that is part of the problem.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi wolfhnd,

Sounds like you'd better get on TS (85.14.216.230:9988 "seow") and have a chat. SEOW does work with WAMP.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

When I used root without a password it seems to connect. I must be doing something wrong with the priviliges in phpadmin.

Thanks for your help I'm sure I will need more!

:?
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Now I get this message in DCS
1. You have tried to change from MS Access to MySQL. Restart DCS and go directly to MySQL.
62_Anubis

Post by 62_Anubis »

Keep in mind that for MySQL is not the same user seow@localhost than seow@%

When you set up a new user, it asks where that user can connect from, localhost means the same computer, and % means anywhere. From my own experience, I suggest that you have both users

seow@localhost

and

seow@%

After this change in MySQL, in DCS:Server Address try localhost and if doesnt work, then try 192.168.... whatever your internal IP is

Cheers

Anubis

PS: And once you have everything up and running, change the password, you posted it here and now everyone knows ;)