MP - getting started

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

docattak

MP - getting started

Post by docattak »

Hi Guys
Noob question 2

How do I set a Commander Name and Password for a sector for use in MP?
I presume that when I can do this it will lead me to the map and the area where I can set up movement etc.

Cheers

docattak
docattak

Re: MP - getting started

Post by docattak »

docattak wrote:Hi Guys

Noob question 2
I presume that when I can do this it will lead me to the map and the area where I can set up movement etc.

Noob question 3
How do I set an Authorization password for the DCS for the functions it will not let me use?

Cheers

docattak
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Re: MP - getting started

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA »

docattak wrote:Hi Guys
Noob question 2

Cheers

docattak
There are five default users: admin, alliedhq, alliedranks, axishq, and axisranks. They each have default passwords. Only the admin user can change passwords (or commander names, for that matter).

Click on your active sector to get the login screen. Log in as commander "admin" with password "password" to get into the mission planner itself.

From there click on "Manage <your sector> Campaign", and then "Commanders" to change passwords (and names also if you so choose). Youi should change all of the passwords. Note that alliedhq and axishq are for planning allied and axis missions, respectively, while alliedranks and axisranks are read-only access for those who should see the plans, but not change them.

Use the "admin" login for administrative tasks like adding reinforcements to resupply points, not for mission planning which should be left to the alliedhq and axishq users.

An alternate procedure which you may need to use if you forget your admin password is to directly edit the PilotData table where these passwords are stored.
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

docattak

Post by docattak »

Many thanks Tushka!

Where is all of this info stored??? You cannot get started without this info so I would expect it to be included in the documentation lol.

Now, I can really start to get into this. Is this all the work of just one guy? I made random mission generators and various other stuff for IL2 but this real is a huge job Shade's done - and a damn good job as well.

Thanks again - hopefully my next question will be less of a noob one lol.

Cheers

docattak
docattak

Post by docattak »

Back again!
Got the MP map for Berlin now (http://localhost/SEOW/MP4/Berlin/Berlin-intel.php - just to show that it is in the correct place) - if I ask for District or City map or click on the map I just get errors:-

"Commander Administrator, please wait. We are gathering the latest intelligence from Administration HQ ...
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in D:\Program Files\EasyPHP 3.0\www\SEOW\MP4\Scripts\MP-SQL.php on line 573

Fatal error: Call to a member function Close() on a non-object in D:\Program Files\EasyPHP 3.0\www\SEOW\MP4\Scripts\MP-SQL.php on line 579"

The offending object is $rsC0 in both cases.

Cheers

docattak
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

It seems you have not properly set the Berlin database on your MySql.
22GCT_Gross
docattak

Post by docattak »

Thanks for the reply Gross.
I have run the sql query for Berlin and all of the tables are visible in Navicat. They are in the right place as the connection is made in the DCS programme. It also initialises there as well.

Cheers

docattak
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi docattak,

Please list your PHP and MySQL versions. I suspect you are using a recent MySQL which might object to the "Range" alias used in the SQLCO query.

Inside that query text in MP-SQL.php, if you see "AS Range" anywhere, change it to "AS OSRange" and that should solve that problem. THere is an independent thread about this at this site.

Cheers,
4S

PS: SEOW is an open source effort with contributions by lots of people. Look at the Credits screen in the MP.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

docattak

Post by docattak »

Hi 4S

Many thanks - that does the trick (AS RANGE -> AS OSRANGE)

For info

PHP 5.2.8
MySQL 5.1.30

I guessed there would be others involved because of the sheer size of the project - but it obviously has one guy leading the charge and driving everybody on! This forum shows the sense of pride you have in what you have achieved - well deserved.

Cheers

docattak