Statistics Error

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

VT-51_Thud

Statistics Error

Post by VT-51_Thud »

I'm getting an error when trying to access the Stats page and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix it. I had had problems originally uploading the MP using WINSCP where not all the directories uploaded during the initial load. I reloaded the files but I still am having problem with the stats page. The error I get is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: simplexml_load_string() in /home/airgroup/public_html/SEOW/MP4/Statistics/stats_functions.php on line 279

Our SEOW is located: http://www.airgroup51.com/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default.php

Thank you in advance for any assistance. Also, thanks to this community and Mel Ainsworth from JG11 for getting me this far.
VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Nevermind, sacry, but I figured it out on my own. I had to copy the newer v1.83 files into the statistics folder.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Thud,

Stats v1.83 is really old, so beware of possible incorrect stats now and then.

Your error is likely due to using PHP4, which does not have the "simplexml" extension that the newer Stats versions use for the (non-English) language packs. If you use PHP5, then simplexml is often available by default and the newer Stats versions work transparently. v1.83 is retained simply because it is the last development version of the Stats that did not have language pack support.

Cheers,
4Shades

PS: Onya Mel!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Thank you Sir!

LOL, Yeh, for a Senior Citizen, Mel was spot on in all his recommendations.