Newbie help required installing Mission Planner

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

slipper

Newbie help required installing Mission Planner

Post by slipper »

Hello all, I have taken the plunge and started to try and install SEOW.

I have installed SEOW DCS, and SEOW DB. Hoewever i have no idea how to install SEOW MP.

I do not have a web server set up,or do i know how to set one up, i saw that there was an all in one installer by B16Enk, but that has now been removed.

Is there any chance anyone could give me a step by step idiots guide to install SEOW, failing that does anyone have a copy of B16Enk's auto installer they could post somewhere.

any help greatly appreciated, regards, a very confused

slipper :?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi slipper,

Welcome!

You should download and install a simple web server, e.g. Xitami or Abyss. These have great documentation and are good ways to learn what a web server is and how to set one up. They are perfectly good to use with SEOW, as long as you have set PHP up on them. Links to them are at the SEOWiki http://seowwiki.swil.fr/index.php?title=Requirements

This is probably the hardest part of using SEOW, but the knowledge you gain will be useful in many other ways. Once your web server is running with PHP properly, THEN try to install SEOW MP. That step is so much simpler if you KNOW your web server is OK.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

slipper

Post by slipper »

4Shades,

Thanks for the reply and info mate.

Will give it a go and let you now how i get on.

regards

slipper :D