Okha + G4M2-E

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

PA-Dore

Okha + G4M2-E

Post by PA-Dore »

Hello 4Shades!
Is it possible to use in SEOW G4M2-E + Okha MXY7-11 like in the game IL2?
I had put successfully Okha in template or in reinforcement, but I can't select it...
I prepare a new campaign on Kyushu map (operation "Pacific" scheduled by americans in 1945, november, and never done after Hiroshima and Nagasaki).

Thanks!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Dore,

Yes it is possible to use the Ohka. You need a single Ohka and a single late-model Betty (G4M2). Order the Betty to take off and fly to the enemy ships and perform a GATTACK, then tell it to fly home. Make sure the waypoit before the GATTACK is about 10 km from the GATTACK point. Set altitude around 2500 - 3000 m. Hit Finalize, then select the Ohka as a glider for the Betty. Hit Commit.

The Betty will take off and fly towards the GATTACK point. At the previous waypoint the Okha will detach and try to locate a target. If it succeeds, it probably will attack. The rate of success is not high, but I have witnessed a successful Okha attack against shipping in an SEOW Okinawa campaign. II/JG77Hawk_5 was the successful commander.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Nice! I did it and it's OK ;-)
Thanks Herr Professor :!: