Bug Reports: SEDCS3.00(A), SEDB30, MP4-v4.285

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi BBloke,

Just to make sure, are you using MP v4.403? And you are sure it is a Pilot Report that is causing the problem? It would be very helpful if you could post the contents of the bad report so I might be able to see what is causing the problem.

The only way around this is to delete the bad Pilot Report by a direct DB edit of the Pilot_Reports table (or is it Pilot_Recon_Reports? I forgot the name).

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

BBloke

Post by BBloke »

I will venture to figure this out and post back. I checked the pilot reports and sector objectives. There could be something elsewhere but as yet I have not found it.

BBloke
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi BBloke,

I had a look at your DB. I think I found the error. Someone had edited the Verbose_Names_Axis field for the Niobe class destroyer, changing it from

"Niobe Class"

to

"Niobe
Class" (note the newline character inserted!!!)

I removed the newline, and the MP loaded the map correctly. :D

Try this fix on your own Object_Specifications table.

How did I find this error? I tried to load a map view, got the usual Javascript errors that you reported. Clicked through them, then did a View Source on the broken page. I scanned down through the text until I found the following suspicious Javascript declaration (note the line break at Niobe):

Code: Select all

jsbuffer = "Zenit85mm_1939|85mm 1939-K AAA^P_51B|P-51B Mustang^P_47D10|P-47D-10 Thunderbolt^BF_109G2|Bf-109G-2 Gustav^JU_87D3|Ju-87D-3 Stuka^Zenit85mm_1939|85mm Flak^SPITFIRE8|Spitfire MkVIII^PzVA|Panzer VA Panther^PzIVF2|Panzer IVF2^PzIIIM|Panzer IIIM^MarderIII|Panzerjaeger 38(t) Marder IIIH^Bulldozer_US|Bulldozer^BF_109F4|Bf-109F-4 Friedrich^OpelBlitzMaultierAA|Sd.Kfz.3a + 2cm Flak 38^SdKfz251|Sd.Kfz.251/1 Hanomag^VW82t|VW Typ 82 (Open) Kuebelwagen^OpelBlitz36S|Opel Blitz 3, 6-36S^OpelBlitzMaultier|Sd.Kfz.3a-m. Gleisk 2t^GermanyCarsColumnA|PzGren.Abt.HQ^SEAFIRE3|Seafire MkIII^M4A2_US|M4A2 Sherman^M4A2_76W_US|M4A2_76W US Sherman^HE_111H6|He-111H-6^FW_190A6|FW-190A-6 Wuerger^C_47|C-47 Dakota^F6F3|F6F3 Hellcat^B_25J1|B-25J-1 Mitchell^BF_110G2|Bf-110G-2^JU_52_3MG5E|Ju-52 3MG5E Tante Ju (See)^JU_52_3MG4E|Ju-52 3MG4E Tante Ju^USSBBGeneric|Battleship^Tirpitz|Tirpitz Class (BA)^Niobe|Niobe 

Class^Illmarinen|Illmarinen Class CD^Vainamoinen|Vainamoinen Class CD^Tramp|Tramp Steamer^Tanker|Tanker^M3_75mm_GMC|75mm M3 SPG^M3A1_APC|M3A1 Half Track^DiamondT_US|Diamond T Truck^M16_US|M16 US Half Track + Quad^WillisMBt_US|Willis MB Jeep US (Open)^M3_Halftrack|M3 Half Track^Chevrolet_flatbed_US|Chevrolet Truck^HMSDukeOfYorkBB|Duke of York Class BB^HMSPoWBB|Prince of Wales Class BB^HMSIllustriousCV|Illustrious Class CV^USSKiddDD661|Kidd Class DD^USSOBannonDD450|OBannon Class DD^USSLexingtonCV2|Lexington Class CV^";		loadProductionTypes(jsbuffer);
Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Absolutely awesome find Shades and a great big hearty thank you from me and the Dogz.

Thanks for the tip. I had never thought of that. I'll remember if for next time. :)

I'll remove the DB file now.

Thanks again.
BBloke
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

I took a look in the object spec table and found the following offending names:

Verbose Axis Name:
Smoke 1-7
Fire 1-4
Light 1-4
Niobe Class
MFP-2 Class
MO-4 Class MTB
S-80 Class
Shuka Class (2 Entries)
Opel Blitz 3 (Sanitaet), 6-36S

Verbose Allied Name:
Ammo Boxcar
Coal Tender
Steam Engine
Coal Tender
Passenger Car
Flatcar/2 Tanks
Flatcar/2 Trucks
Flatcar/2 AA Guns
Steam Engine
Tirpitz Class (BA)
V1 Doodle Bomb Launcher
V1 Doodle Bomb (Air)

I will be amending my file and will send it to you if you wish.

Amended DB here: http://bbloke.servegame.org:300/bbloke/ ... cation.rar
BBloke
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

That is peculiar. I have had a look at my Aces release files (MySQL and MSAccess) and there is no sign of a newline character in the text strings. I even looked at the SEOW HQ databases and saw no such characters.

I believe you, but I just can't see any signs of such a problem in my DB sources. If you create a new DB and load it with an SEDB31Aces DB file, do you reproduce the problem?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Hi Shades,

I will have a look when I get back to my machine. I'm not sure if I kept the file I create for the original Object Specifications but I recall I just did a copy and paste from the downloaded DB.

I'll post back later. At least I'm there in the end. Thanks for all your help. :)
BBloke
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Wow! Check the file I believe I used with UltraEdit and it doesn't have the returns or line breaks. Odd.

I know I have a tendancy to move data between two machines via copy/paste and VNC so maybe something odd has happened on its travels.

I'm normally a danger to myself.. this has been one of those times I'm a danger to everyone! :)
BBloke
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Those pesky terminal emulators! Copy and paste is such a simple concept, but so difficult to get right for terminal emulators, it seems.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer