RADAR

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

EAF331_Starfire

RADAR

Post by EAF331_Starfire »

I have had the pleasure of flying SEOW with RADAR enabled.

It have been a mixed blessing. I work as adverticed and are a very effective force multiplier. My experiance shows that an attrition rate of 80-90% can be expected each mission if each side got radar.
But from time to time I think easy.

The current radar display works like a map with all radar information collected. Implementation wise this was 'simple' and an 'easy' way to implement radar.
Historical speaking, a unified display of air information (radar and observer core) was an exception limited to three places in the word.
London, Kanuber line (Germany 1943 late) and US west coast.
Essentially we see a much clearer picture (synthetic display) which is less streesfull to use.

Every where else they had to be content with A-scopes, B-scopes or if lucky a PPI-scope (explanations: http://www.radartutorial.eu/01.basics/rb02.en.html)

Having a centralised picture are extreamly effective for directing resources around. To effective for my taste.

Any idears on how to make it less accurate besides making one scope (A/B/PPI) for each radarstation)?

And what about jamming.
The US did a lot of that in the pacific.
Waiting for HSFX 6 support ;-)
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

I have been thinking we want to go the other way and not call it radar at all but simply real time command and control. This would include coast watchers, forward observers etc.
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

If it has such a significant effect as to be a detrimental overall to the campaign then limit its use. It only makes it easier as the template designer intends or as historical if that is the aim.

Try increasing the screen update delay, reduce the qty of radar, coast watcher, observer installations on map, turn off IFF or use short range radar only. These can all make radar less effective.
EAF331_Starfire

Post by EAF331_Starfire »

Zoi wrote:I have been thinking we want to go the other way and not call it radar at all but simply real time command and control. This would include coast watchers, forward observers etc.
It make sense.
Waiting for HSFX 6 support ;-)