How to drop a spy?

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=69.GIAP=ARTUR

How to drop a spy?

Post by =69.GIAP=ARTUR »

S~ all. I've used spys in the MP before... but this campaign I can para-drop him behind enemy lines. I have the little dude loaded on a Ju52 and am about to plan a flight path.

What command do i use to drop him where I want?

And is there anything else I should know about this operation before I send him to his imminent doom?

Thanks guys.
C!
ARTUR

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Artur,

I think you treat him as a paratroop unit, so you use the "A" directive (for paratroop Assault).

Just keep your spy away from enemy units, because he is defenceless.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=69.GIAP=ARTUR

Post by =69.GIAP=ARTUR »

Ah... sweet Shades! you da man!.

Thanks.
C!
ARTUR

=69.GIAP=ARTUR

Post by =69.GIAP=ARTUR »

Um, one more quick question. What if this flight is human flown? Is this where you toggle wing tip smoke (SEOW deploys him) and the spy becomes moveable on the ground next mission?

Anything I need to know about that? Do I have to toggle the smoke for a certain amount of time, or anything else?

Thanks.
C!
ARTUR

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Just a tap. It's all here.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=69.GIAP=ARTUR

Post by =69.GIAP=ARTUR »

Thanks again! i did try to look thru the Wiki... I just never made the connection between para-drop and the spy.... doh!
C!
ARTUR

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

And now we know how not to drop a spy :wink: I don't know if I could have prevented it by editing the database but our spy capture some unused fuel tanks and gave his position away. Lots to think about every mission the smallest detail can ruin the best of plans lol
=69.GIAP=ARTUR

Post by =69.GIAP=ARTUR »

Ya. That sucked. Not your fault ZOI. Now we know what NOT to do in the future. Or should I say WHAT setting to activate/not activate? :lol:

Aahhh... the best laid plans... :shock:
C!
ARTUR

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Controlling force requirements!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Ok I get it but I don't remember every little detail :wink: Campaign design is an art not a science but if you don't make it a science first you tend to create a lot of problems for yourself. :D
=69.GIAP=ARTUR

Post by =69.GIAP=ARTUR »

Hmmm... seems my lonely little spy is essentially ringed by neutral storage tanks. If I move him in any direction he will capture something and again reveal his location. Other than that his back is to the ocean... he's gonna die soon... :cry:
C!
ARTUR