Editing carriers landings

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

62_Pavia

Editing carriers landings

Post by 62_Pavia »

If I edit an IA flight mission with take-off and landing from a carrier it will be possible for the IA to find the carrier after the mission with the carrier in a position Km away from the initial point??
Because I have to put the landing point over the carrier, isn´t it??

How it works??
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Relax, it just works. :D

It is a good idea to place the the second-last waypoint (the one before landing) approximately where the carrier will be at the end of the mission. The AI will fly to the second-last waypoint, then fly direct to the carrier's actual position.

Cheers,
4S
Last edited by IV/JG7_4Shades on Wed 22 Feb 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

62_Pavia

Post by 62_Pavia »

Ufff, thanks :)
We are editing our first aeronaval missions for a seow campaign and it was a critical doubt
II/JG3K.Brandle

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle »

"our first aeronaval missions for a seow campaign "

http://www.palantir.net/2001/tma1/wav/zarathustra.wav
VT-51_Razor

Post by VT-51_Razor »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:Relax, it just works. :D

It is a good idea to place the the second-last waypoint (the one before landing) approximately where the carrier will be at the end of the mission. The AI will fly to the second-last waypoint, then fly direct to the carrier's actual position.

Cheers,
4S
Shades, this has always been a vexing problem for me while trying to plan flights off of carriers, out to a target, then directly to the end of the carrier's track and back to the origin of the carrier's track (takeoff point). If the target is any significant distance away, you are forced to basically double the flight distance with the way points in the MP. More often than not, the MP will not allow the placement of the final landing way point because the aircraft does not have the range or the time of the mission is expired. If all the slots are to be filled by humans, not a problem at all, I just plan a nice little round trip close in around the ship. But if anyone fails to show up, then we're left with an AI flown machine that fails to respond to commands to attack anything because there hasn't been an attack way point established over the target area. Granted, it's a very minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but an annoyance nonetheless. Am I missing something in the Mission Planner or the initial setup of the campaign?
VT-51_Razor
Operations Officer
Air Group 51

Those in aviation, who think they know it all, are particularly annoying to those of us who really do.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Razor,

If flight duration is an issue, plan your flight waypoints to go to the target, set the GATTACK waypoint as normal, then set a few waypoints close together in the direction you want the flight to exit the target zone (which may not be in the direction of the carrier) then put the last waypoint over the carrier in its present position in the MP, right-click and select Finalize.

No matter how far the distance between the second-last and the last waypoints, the flight will still vector directly to the carrier where it actually is in the mission. This is because SEOW uses the FMB SET command on the final (landing) waypoint and IL-2 is smart enough to vector the flights to the SET point regardless of distance.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VT-51_Razor

Post by VT-51_Razor »

Thanks Shades, I'll give that a try. :)
VT-51_Razor
Operations Officer
Air Group 51

Those in aviation, who think they know it all, are particularly annoying to those of us who really do.