SEOW Feature Idea

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Classic_EAF19

SEOW Feature Idea

Post by Classic_EAF19 »

Hi guys

A little suggestion perhaps for future implementation into SEOW

1) Pilot rescues for carrier campaigns. We have the grid ref. of the bailed pilot and in the FMB we have the downed pilots in dinghy objects so perhaps amphibious a/c can be tasked with rescueing downed airmen?

2) An ability to export the route data for planned flights, ie. I plan a specific route in the MP with obtainable speeds and heights and I want my pilots to fly that exact route. To do this I brief them as well as possible in game and on forums. How about a export flight data option that will show headings, speeds and timings of a whole flight that can be copied and pasted this data can then be included in ingame briefings or posted into forums or other briefing methods. This would actually add another layer of immersion into SEOW campaigns as squadrons or pilots would be handed a route to follow detailing all of what I have asked for. Is this possible?
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Hi Classic,

For 1. it would be a great feature.

For 2. we did that for Supercharge Campaign, a php file posted in each private campaign forum. Datas are requested in real time from the campaign database.

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Classic,

In general people are welcome to add any features they like to SEOW. Personally, I now only add features that I am interested in. Here are some thoughts on the two options you suggest:

1. In general in WW2, accurate map information on the location of downed aircrew was rare. Furthermore, survival rates declined rapidly with time, day/night and weather conditions. Also, at sea, combat ships are unlikely to stop for the pilot, so there is the prospect of different navies (hostile and friendly) steaming past before any rescue aircraft arrives. So for any pilot rescue attempt there would be a chain of probability factors to apply to determine eventual success, regardless of rescue plane landing rpximity etc. And in IL-2 there is no easy way of determining whether aircrew bailed over ocean or over land. It would be straightforward to develop this feature, but to make it realistic would take a bit more thinking.

2. All the data is in the database and can be extracted fairly easily with a script, as Dore shows. My personal view is that pilots can inspect their missions in the MP, that's what it is for, and it gives the best view of the tactical situation. If people want to reformat this flight data for other purposes, then I'll leave it to them to customize a tool for their own purposes.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer