Possbile Plane Cap Bug

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

USN_Opus

Possbile Plane Cap Bug

Post by USN_Opus »

This has been perplexing us for a while now and I finally got around to testing in in a near blank template. While not exactly duplicating our situation, it does raise a red flag.

The problem is that our flight capacity(cap) is always being hit and we cannot figure-out why. For example, if we're planning two consecutive missions, one at 0900 and the next at 1300, we cap-out. Even though the first mission's cap is correct (ie 30/30), we get the message that cannot put any more birds in the air even though mission two has way less than the cap (ie 10/30).

What I suspect is happening is that as we have breakdowns turned on, planes that failed to launch are having their mission stored in the DB and not deleted.

For example:

Image[/img]

As you can see, the "!" message is showing that the flight of 1 plane scheduled for 1300 was cancelled due to mechanical. I am now doing my 1400 turn and am getting the message that the 1300 flight is still "active". It is not being delayed for rearming either but that is eluded to in the pop-up box.

Thanks for looking into this.

S!
USN_Opus

Post by USN_Opus »

Found another anomaly I think during my search to find a work-around for our CAP issue...

Axis CAP set to 4. Axis have a pool of 16 x Ki43 off-map.

- Create a reinforcement flight of 4 planes...no problem.
- Create another flight of 4 planes...you get the pop-up warning of CAP being exceeded but the flights are still in the mission list and cannot be deleted.
- Create two more reinforcement flights. (same pop-up warnings)
- Compile and run.

Now there are 16 planes inbound as reinforcements when the cap is set to 4. I ran the mission and verified that the planes do appear at the supply point and land at the base.

Hope that helps.
USN_Opus

Post by USN_Opus »

Ok...confirmed...huge problem.

Not sure exactly how or why but the add/delete of resupply plus having top-ups plus scheduling for multiple mission in advance has caused huge problems.

- An IJA Betty shot-down 9 IJA Vals...no Betty was even in the air in the MIS file let alone "false-flagging" it...

- Post mission, MP is showing 115/100 axis air missions where there should be zero.

- People getting shot at by ghost planes (invisible).

Tomorrow, we are going to revert to a saved version of the DB and see if this is avoided by not doing top-ups/resupply flights on the same turn as missions. I'll let you know how it goes.

I know were using SE out of normal parameters so, I don't expect a response to this. Just posting as a head-up to any other squad doing or thinking of doing the same.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Opus,

The only way to get to the bottom of this is for me to have a look at your DB. You might have sent it to me before, but I cannot remember it if you did. :oops:

I also need to know what game versions you fly with, e.g. HSFX5.0.1, or TD4.10.1 or ... In my experience, "ghost" aircraft are usually due to pilots having mixed mods or game versions, rather than SEOW. This is because SEOW simply creates an FMB coop file. How the coop plays is up to the game, not SEOW.

So please send me your DB (e.g. as a zipped SQL) and I'll have a good look.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer