Capturing the 352nd Cross Channel Map

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

II/JG54_Emil

Capturing the 352nd Cross Channel Map

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Who would like to help capturing the 352nd Cross Channel Map used in HSFX 5.0?

At the moment I´m capturing roads on the European of this map(have Holland and Belgium so far).
Who is interested in helping?
We could use someone capturing:
- England
- Rails
- Airfield
- Bridges

Doing it all by my self seems to be the most idiotic thing I´ve ever started, there are simply too many roads.

So help would be appreciated a lot.
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

I took a look to this map. I'm afraid there are too many roads and railways. That could create issues in ground units movements...
I have perhaps a solution:

Capture only main roads and railways useful for SEOW, this would reduce 2x or 3x the highways and railways tables.
e.g:

Then for commanders in the MP, create new graphics with these main roads and railways as I did for Channel40 map: Using an empty jpg (same size that sector jpg) with
$ShowRoads=true;
$ShowRailways=true;
then capture the layer and use it on real MP sector.

I would like to have 4Shades' opinion :wink:
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

That´s a good compromise otherwise I would feel like Sisyphus.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi guys,

I have no objection to this approach, but maybe I can ask that if special techniques are used for some SEOW maps, maybe people could supply me with a short text file detailing the methods and assumptions, and I will include the files in the next MP release.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Classic_EAF19

Post by Classic_EAF19 »

How is the capturing going?

I am looking at a cross channel campaign at the moment and would like to use this map.

Is there anything I can to to help?
352nd Persecutor

Post by 352nd Persecutor »

Good morning from the 352nd Virtual Fighter Group, Gentlemen:

I was browsing the web (with not enough important things to do, LOL) and ran across a link to this thread. In reading what you folks are trying to do I was reminded of what AKA_Scorp did with the soon-to-be started AKAFA Battle of Britain campaign. Although on a lot smaller scale he did the same thing. The AKAFA campaign is a scripted dogfight rather than a SEOW coop, but the goals are very similar.

I have the original .psd layers files for the Cross Channel Map and would be happy to share the map_eXX layers with the roads and railways if it would help you in your task. I used them to edit the in-game navigation maps to highlight the roads and railways that Scorp activated in his script; it sounds like you may be doing something similar.

By the way, there is an update to the map available now which cleans up a few graphical issues with the water near Jersey and the shoreline southeast of Manston. You can get a copy of the revised map here.
352nd Persecutor
A proud member of the 352nd Virtual Fighter Group