Destroyed Objects Respawn Next Mission

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Flatspin

Destroyed Objects Respawn Next Mission

Post by Flatspin »

I've got rows of concrete anti-tank obstacles that can be destroyed so a vehicle can pass in the same mission, but when the next mission is built, the obstacles return. Anybody know how to make a destroyed object stay destroyed?
If you build it, they will come!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Flat,

Normally, if the game reports a destruction event for an object, you can turn that object into something that SEOW will understand and track, e.g. a combat unit. I suspect that destruction events for the anti-tank obstacles are not tracked and logged by the game. :(

Alternatively, if SEOW knows that some combat has taken place in a particular location (e.g. a combat unit has been destroyed there in the previous mission and there is a damage tile located there on the map) then SEOW will adjust the state of all co-located scenery objects to show battle damage.

So a work-around may be to place bicycle units in the anti-tank obstacles. They are easily destroyed, so SEOW will generate environmental damage there, possibly rendering the anti-tank traps in their damaged state.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Flatspin

Post by Flatspin »

Thanks, I'll give that a try. :D
Flatspin

Post by Flatspin »

Regarding placing bicycles in the obstructions: Would that have to be prior to initialization, or can I place them between missions; eg: place bicycles on a clean map, save text in .mis file, apply text to .mis files of newly built missions?

I'm just trying to avoid starting over a campaign with 12 of 19 missions run.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Flat,

Bicycles are combat units typically, so you could "man" the barricades with them (bring them into the campaign as new units and put them at the barricades). Another option could be to define industrial assets (factories) at the barricade locations, then SEOW will put target object there in each mission.

Your solution of adding bicycle text to the mission file prior to hosting will likely confuse SEOW at Analyze time.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Flatspin

Post by Flatspin »

I was afraid it might cause errors.

I'll man the barricades!
Flatspin

Post by Flatspin »

Okay, part two of my question: Now that I have the barricades manned up with bicycles, I want to raise the recon level on them to 100% (since everyone knows where they are). Which table can I do that in? I can't find them.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

ObjMissionData table, Recon field. Set your bicycle units to 100 in the latest mission.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Flatspin

Post by Flatspin »

:roll: There it is! Thanks. :oops: