Israel - Egypt War 1948 soon in SEOW

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

PA-Dore

Israel - Egypt War 1948 soon in SEOW

Post by PA-Dore »

Egypt, Iraq, Syria and Great Britain (in the beginning) against young Israeli Army.
Or, like IAF_ViFF said to me, for the Sinai conflict of 1956 (Operation Musketeer) where Israel, England, and France went up against Egypt.
Wikipedia

FIRST LOOK (in work)
map: Europe --> Sinai
login: seow
password: seow
Last edited by PA-Dore on Thu 11 Feb 2010 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

wow :) it never ceases to amaze me how many maps you've added to SEOW :)

IAF, 242sqn and 102nd played this campaign on "italy online" map a few years ago - maybe you can talk to Charlie (or I'll send it to you) about a template ? just to see which units he used :)

cheers and thanks JP
IAF_Phantom

Post by IAF_Phantom »

Hi PA-Dore,

beautiful map - excellent that we have it in SEOW !

Unfortunately, for an Israeli 48 campaign it does have the relevant battle area's.
In the 48 Israeli independence war, a lot of the major battles grounds were around Jerusalem, 20km south of Tel-Aviv and in the west bank. This map ends just above ber-sheva which is 100km south of Tel-Aviv and doesn't contain Jerusalem and the west bank...
There was a guy (I think Brian something) working on a full Israel map no idea what the status - haven't heard from him in over a year...

But for the 56'/67'/74' wars this map is excellent! I can think of endless scenarios and battles that can be done on this map.

I think for operation musketeer we have - with the new jets - a nice setup that can be played out with some adaptations.

The IAF would LOVE to play a 56' campaign, especially if we can find a modder that makes french planes and add them to the HSFX.
I have some data I've collected on this scenario as a background project of mine... would love to try and help it happen.

IAF_Phantom
ViFF

Post by ViFF »

The two sexiest ever fighters to take to the skies come from the drawing board of Marcel Dassault!!! 8)

the MD.450 Ouragan

and the MD.454 Mystere IV

S!
IAF.ViFF
Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community website:
www.preflight.us