Tank movement in the desert

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

DD_Friar

Tank movement in the desert

Post by DD_Friar »

Salute one and all.

I am just laying the foundations for an seow based on the desert map.

My problem is that I am unable to get the tanks to move over the desert.
If I plot them to move off road, nothing happens, if I have them on the road, they move fine.
I have the movement rules set to simple.

Am i trying to do something that is not possible? or can someone put me straight as to where i am going wrong.

Cheers
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Frior,

SEOW version details please.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

DD_Friar

Post by DD_Friar »

Hi,
Appoligies for taking so long to come back to you. I got a bit distracked with some other things.

My dcs is v3.1.7

is that enough?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Frior,

DCS v3.1.7 is pretty old, but ground movement should still work. Unfortunately I cannot test v3.1.7 now, as my test rig now uses the current version (SEDB31d and DCS v3.1.17).

You didn't tell me which desert map you are using, so to try to reproduce your error I just set up a test campaign in the Tubruq map, placed a couple of Valentine tanks and gve them movement orders. Using simple ground movement, the DCS built the mission fine and the tanks moved in straight lines between waypoints, disregarding all roads. The DCS analyzed the mission, and the MP showed the tank in its new location.

Seems fine to me, so if you want to pursue this I will need to set up a new test rig with a copy of your DB.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

DD_Friar

Post by DD_Friar »

Ok, many thanks,

I will have a look at updating, (also look at version numbers just in case I wrote it down wrong!)

I will do another test and if it still does not work, provide some better information.
Cheers