B25 as flyable transport-will it work?

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

DD_Friar

B25 as flyable transport-will it work?

Post by DD_Friar »

I am thinking of using B25's as flyable tranports. If I modify the database to give the plane type a "transport" status, and assign a load value, will it mean that I could fly it in to an airfield with "supply" un load and re-load with "cargo" to fly out back to the original base.

Could anyone please also confirm if my timmings would be correct (assuming I disable the load/uload delay setting)
Mission 1-Assign supply to plane and fly to new airfield
Mission 2-Unload supply at destination
Mission 3-Re-load with Cargo and fly back to original airfield.

Can the turn-around be any tighter?

Also if I set them to empty, will that still enable a cargo load, but disable the guns.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Frior,

Yes, you can assign any aircraft to "air transport" status simply by changing the Transport_Capacity field to 1 or more in the Object_Specifications table. Choosing an empty loadout will remove the ability for the aircraft to shoot.

In terms of loading and unloading, this is an operation that is performed in the MP and its effect is immediate. So if, for argument's sake, you had a zero refueul/rearm time for your B-25 transport, you could fly it (loaded with freight) to an airbase, immediately unload it and load it up with new freight, and then task it to fly somewhere else in the next mission.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

DD_Friar

Post by DD_Friar »

so the turn around time is 2 missions not 3?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, as long as the rearm time is set to zero hours.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

DD_Friar

Post by DD_Friar »

This is probably a question I know the answer to, but having not tried it I thought that I'd ask just in case.

If I mod the databse to enable me to have a player flyable transport plane I know that i can load and unload it via the logistics option in the mission planner, but would it be able to perform "Air Drops" like an AI plane would?

I am guessing at the answer being "No".