Mission Planner and Wireless Router Lockup

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Mission Planner and Wireless Router Lockup

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA »

I have a curious problem with remote campaign statistics pages that I have tracked down to my wireless router. Whenever I view the detailed campaign statistics pages of our 69.GIAP campaigns my wireless router locks up. It must be power cycled before it will resume working. The same thing happens frequently, but less reproducibly, when I try to plan missions. I have encountered the same problem when viewing the detailed campaign statistics from other squads' campaigns as well. They have all been recent versions of MP4. I have not systematically looked for older versions to see if this is a problem only with recent versions of MP4.

The router in question is a Netgear WGT624. I have turned off "remote management" in the router to eliminate any related escape sequence responses, but this did not solve the problem.

The effect is independent of the browser (firefox or IE6) or operating system (FreeBSD or WinXP) being used to view the page.

Has anyone else here encountered a similar problem, and perhaps found a solution?
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA »

If anyone else encounters this problem, you may be interested to know that I may have solved this problem by reconfiguring the netgear box out of wireless router mode into wireless access point mode and using fixed IPs for the wireless machines. I haven't seen a lockup since doing that.
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

:shock:
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer