Carrier Transfers to Land

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

doubletap

Carrier Transfers to Land

Post by doubletap »

One other odditity.

In our campaign, we have allowed aircraft transfers, and have been able to complete them from land based field to land based field, but when we have tried to transfer aircraft from a carrier to land, the transfer does not take effect.

I know you cannot transfer land-based aircraft to a carrier, because SEOW does not allow you to deploy non-naval aircraft to a carrier, but is the reverse also true; naval aircraft can't transferred to land?

Doubletap
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

AFAIK, naval aircraft can transfer to land, but I haven't checked this lately. Let me check this out.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Well, doubletap, you are 100% correct.

The symptom was that the MP allows a naval flight to be planned to leave a carrier and transfer to a normal airbase. The DCS builds the mission correctly. The flight (even AI) flies the waypoints and lands at the airbase. But, on analyze, the DCS failed to update the flight "Transporting_Group" property, so the flight is deemed to still be housed on the carrier.

I have found the bug in the DCS causing this, and have released a new version, called SEDCS v3.1.7 (Aces). Simply substitute v3.1.6 with v3.1.7 - no other changes to MP or DB are needed.

Many thanks doubletap!

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Would there be any problem upgrading from DCS 3.1.3 to 3.1.7 without a change in database?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes there would be a problem. As outllined in the Technical Discussion, there have been some DB structure changes since DCS v3.1.3 was released. These are located in the Campaign_Settings and Object_Specifications tables (only).

If you updated these two tables, the new DCS should work.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Thanks for that Shades. I'll see if I can manipulate it.

Do you think there will be any problems adding the new fields into the database during a running campaign?

Edit: I have picked the bones from the databases and inserted the new fields in the right places.

I have also reinserted the Objects Specifications table from the newer DB.

Can I leave the web interface at: 4.373 or do I need to up date that too?

Thanks for your help Shades. :)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Well, if you have updated the DB structure and you are going to use the new DCS, you might as well do the MP too. Hopefully that will give you some bug fixes and a range of new features too (e.g. on-screen attack range graphics, correct IAS calculations, withdrawal functions etc).

Just in case, I hope you have taken a backup copy of your DB!

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Thanks Shades,

Yep got a backup of the DB before I started and actually got it so far and back it out and re ran things as normal.

I will test in a safer environment this week and see if I can't get it up and running.

Thanks again,

BBloke