2 same sectors on one install of SEOW?

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

102nd-HR-cmirko

2 same sectors on one install of SEOW?

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

we are currently playing Murmansk campaign on 102nd_coop_ded - the campaign will run for at least 10 more missions (which means 10 weeks of playtime at current schedule). With ACE series of campaigns coming up we will need Murmansk Sector again :D if we are to setup DB cloning - is there a way to have 2 same sectors in SEOW ? some kind of quick hack perhaps ? :)

p.s. i know i can setup another SEOW MP and DB for ACE series of campaigns but it would pose a problem with DSC and hosting those same missions on our coop server.....
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Cmirko,

I don't think there is a way to show the same sector twice and simultaneously in the MP. Of course, you can easily just swap that sector between two Murmansk databases, showing one and then showing the other interchangeably, but not both at the same time.

But maybe you don't need the DSC for every sector in the Aces test campaign. Some other squads might take Murmansk, leaving your guys with, say L'vov or North Sea or ...

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

I was thinking to make a copy of Murmansk :) - so that our server has 2 full murmansk DB's and folders in MP

but yes - your solution is very simple and effective :)