CAP Waypoints

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

AH_Moggy

CAP Waypoints

Post by AH_Moggy »

Is there any way to increase the maximum # of flight waypoints beyond 20?

I'm trying to figure out a way to plot an AI CAP flight so it will remain on-station for as long as possible, rather than merely (for example) plotting one flight to take off immediately, and another to take off after 1 hour and replacing the first flight.

Or, is there a better method that I'm overlooking?

Thanks in advance,

Moggy
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

The maximum number of flight waypoints is a configurable parameter in MP-Configuration.php (edit using a text editor).

How long are you running each mission for?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

AH_Moggy

Post by AH_Moggy »

Right now, we're working with a 2-hr mission duration.

Thanks, I'll try the text editing method. Off-hand, do you know if the system will accept, say, doubling the # to 40? Or, would significant changes here affect the whole thing?

Thanks again,

Moggy
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Moggy,

You can put 1000 in there if you want, there is no hard limit. But just be aware that the more waypoints (air, sea or ground) that are in each coop, the greater the performance load on the host and on all players' computers.

As I said to Bulau in the other thread, SEOW has no magic wand to optimize coop performance. Whatever the commanders order their units to do, the coop will reflect that faithfully. The more moving units and waypoints, the lower the game performance. Campaign admins and commanders are responsible for striking their own agreement on what is playable for them.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer