a little question about the train

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

esmiol

a little question about the train

Post by esmiol »

Just to ask whan the train will arrive in the SEOW?

What is the problem or why are they not in the SEOW yet

i see in DB for railroad station that data exist. (table railway and railway_station) what is missing?

just for info :)

excuse my english :)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi esmiol,

Your English is fine. :)

Trains are the last main feature remaining to build in SEOW. I know that RAF74_Taipan, II/JG3K.Brandle and others have been waiting for train support for some time.

In real life, trains run very differently to vehicles. They can't stop and turn around easily, and they don't like meeting other trains on the track! We did think of building pre-defined train routes, e.g. Vyazma-Kondrovo, and some of these are already done. What I haven't done yet is build the code that correctly parks trains and allows commanders to send trains along the routes. I also need to finalize support for partial destruction of combined units (columns, trains) to ensure that combat events are handled properly.

This isn't a huge thing to build, but I need a solid block of time to finish it. I expect to have some time in a couple of weeks, so I will be looking at it. What I will need is for some people to inspect the railway route data and make sure it is good and consistent. I have had no involvement in gathering that data.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

esmiol

Post by esmiol »

thanks for your answer and your job 4shades

i understand now.