Seow and php 7.3

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=VARP=Thor

Seow and php 7.3

Post by =VARP=Thor »

Hi,
I would like to know how can i install database, mission planner and sedcs with php 7.3 or greater so it can actualky work.
I have sedcs 7.3.19, php 5.4.30 and 3.5.x connector, and with this, it works. As soon as i use any sedcs above 7.3.22 it is not working (error 3265 subLoadSettings). When i use newer php (7.3+), mission planner saxs mysql not loaded in php. I have no idea how to fix those 2 things. Not even sure are they related or different errors.
Need help!
Thanks,
Thor
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: Seow and php 7.3

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Thor,

Nice to hear from you. I hope you are well.

MP: I have recently updated the MP to coexist with PHP8. You need to do an SVN checkout of the SEMP repository at Sourceforge to get a full new MP, just to be sure.

DCS: when setting up a new laptop recently I noticed that the DCS will not run under the latest .NET framework in 64bit mode. This indicates that MyODBC v3.51 (used inside DCS) is nearing the end of its useful life. I am investigating using native .NET connectors for MySQL as a long-term replacement for MyODBC. In the meantime try using the 32bit DCS executable, running as administrator.

DB: no great changes required for new systems, but the MP will update a few tables if necessary.

In other news, Internet Explorer 11 will soon vanish so I am porting the MP to Edge (which is based on Chrome I suspect) which should be fairly straightforward. These kinds of efforts are required every 10-15 years as systems change. I am amazed that DCS has lasted so long given the basic tools we used all those years ago.

Cheers
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=VARP=Thor

Post by =VARP=Thor »

Hi,

All is good on my side. I hope on your also!
Tried to send you an email directly, but it was not delivered. Do you have new email address?

I did what you wrote. The errors are the same.

Php 8.0, 32bit SEDCS 7.3.23, run as admin.
Error 3265 in SEDCS and MySQL not loaded into PHP.

Cheers,

Thor
=VARP=Thor

Post by =VARP=Thor »

Tried SEDCS 7.3.5 This one does work! No errors.
After i have download new Scripts from SVN, mission planer changed his error from mysql not loaded in php to "Unknown database provider "mysql" and it listed this array with database name, user and password in one text line.
Like it does not reckognize database type.
Cheers,
Thor
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Ah yes, I think the MP now wants to use the "mysqli"extension in PHP. You need to enable that extension in php.ini and restart your web server. Make sure mysqli is loaded before continuing.

Then to get the MP connecting to a database there are two independent methods:

1) The recommended way - use the MP-Admin.php tool, which will ensure that the correct "mysqli"strings are inserted into the MP-Connection.php connection page (despite using "mysql" in the gui)

2) For cunning heroes only - Edit MP-Connection.php directly, using "mysqli" for the DatabaseProvider string in each connection array.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=VARP=Thor

Post by =VARP=Thor »

Hmmm....still no joy.
Mysqli is loaded. Changed manually DefaultDBCon array to mysqli because it doesen't open it by default. It says "Unknown database provider "mysqli"

Cheers,
Thor
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

What is your MP version? The latest is 7.3.211
Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=VARP=Thor

Post by =VARP=Thor »

According to MP-DBUpdate, I have MP v7.3.174, but i am not sure is this number correct. I took this one from SVN today. Where can i get v7.3.211?

Cheers,
Thor
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

From SVN Update.

Have a look at http://seowhq.net/seowforum/viewtopic.php?t=1155

Cheers
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=VARP=Thor

Post by =VARP=Thor »

I made SVN update. Error is the same:

Array ( [0] => mysql [1] => localhost [2] => 3306 [3] => seow [4] => vanilla [5] => SEDB74_Reference ) Unknown database provider "mysql".

Cheers,
Thor
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Before you said it reported "Unknown database provider: mysqli". Now you say it reports "Unknown database provider: mysql". So something has changed. Perhaps some time together on TS would help clarify the situation. :D
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Fixed. Bad MP-Connections.php file format.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer