Exploring the Uses for Factory Plates

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Kopfdorfer

Exploring the Uses for Factory Plates

Post by Kopfdorfer »

Hey Guys,

I am wondering whether I can utilize Factory plates simply as a means to record the effect of bombing attacks , even though my campaign will not have production enabled.

How does SEOW track bomb hits on Factory Plates ?

Where is this information stored ?

My idea is to utilize Factory plates to record damage to radar installations ( BoB context ) , then manually add the
destruction info for each installation that absorbs the necessary amount of damage to disable it (to subsequent Mission Files) , and to remove the radar functionality of any station which absorbs said damage in the SEDB.

Because my campaign is one combat day , no repair considerations are necessary.

Any forthcoming information appreciated.

Kopfdorfer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: Exploring the Uses for Factory Plates

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Kopfdorfer,

Factory plates are handled internally in HSFX and SEOW according to partial ship damage methodology. Relevant parts of the Wiki are

https://seowhq.net/seowwiki-en/index.ph ... forcements
https://seowhq.net/seowwiki-en/index.ph ... rogramming

You do not need to add factory plates to your template - just define the appropriate locations in the Industrial_Installations table according to your needs. As I remember it now, any damage events taking place in an HSFX mission will be captured in the eventlog and processed automatically by the DCS. Progressive damage status for each factory plate will be stored in the Ship_Damage_Status table in the DB. Hopefully the MP and Statistics will display the damage levels mission by mission.

Let me know if it doesn't work!

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Kopfdorfer

Post by Kopfdorfer »

Hmmm.
My problem is that I am looking for visual reference for damage having been caused in game.
Factory -wise I see that this would work fine for a factory "building".

I am looking to have visual reference for damage to the Chain Home radar chain for a BoB scenario.
The problem is that the Radar Towers are Map Actors , and do not show damage like a building , at least in "non-perfect" graphics mode - indeed , in order to see them , I need to place an airfield campfire in a nearby building or the towers don't show up , only the horizontal vanes. It works , but I don't know why.

Testing has shown that it is exquisitely difficult to damage/destroy radar towers , both those that are Map Actors , and those that are placed on the map in the FMB as "Objects".
I scratch my head as to why these objects were not catalogued as Stationaries , instead of objects , so they could be given the live/dead attributes of Stationaries , and thereby take and show damage easily.

I realize that I don't have the facilities to do any of this easily , so I was looking for a way that SEOW tracks damage to factory plates , hoping to list the chain home stations as Industrial Installations as you suggested , and to go in manually between missions and use the FMB destruction brush on each factory destroyed and manually added that code info to the bottom of each mission file that SEOW generates in order to provide the needed in-game visual that the radar towers are indeed damaged/destroyed.

The salient info for me is how does SEOW record that info , and where is it stored so I can access it in the SEDB ?

I have very recently read both the wiki sections you referred to and the info I am seeking is not in either one as far as I can see.

Again any further directions appreciated.

Kopfdorfer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Kopfdorfer,
My problem is that I am looking for visual reference for damage having been caused in game.
SEOW provides that automatically by adjusting damage parameters on scenery objects based on nearby combat actions and environmental damage. You can also do this manually for any template-placed scenery object (anything in the Scenery table) as follows. Consider the simple barn object defined under the [Buildings] section in a mission file:

0_bld House$CrimeaBarnStucco 1 68805.32 40650.90 360.00

By default FMB places it as an undamaged barn, but you can change the damage state by altering the damage parameter to either 0 (destroyed) or 1 (undamaged). To destroy the barn, for example,

0_bld House$CrimeaBarnStucco 0 68805.32 40650.90 360.00

This will work for any scenery object. I think some objects might even allow fractional damage values.
The problem is that the Radar Towers are Map Actors ...
I guess you are not referring to the ChainHome objects, which are properly defined combat objects. But it doesn't matter for reasons above.
so I was looking for a way that SEOW tracks damage to factory plates
Not really important, since SEOW automatically tracks damage to both environmental damage tiles (map defined) and factory plates (SEOW defined). Just make sure you put your radar installations on environmental damage tiles and let SEOW environmental damage do the work for you. Or use factory plates, your choice.
at least in "non-perfect" graphics mode
I can't help you there!
The salient info for me is how does SEOW record that info , and where is it stored so I can access it in the SEDB ?
SEOW Partial Ship Damage: https://seowhq.net/seowwiki-en/index.ph ... f_Shipping

To learn about this I suggest you make a simple template, define a factory plate somewhere obvious and bomb it. Look in the eventlog, Analyze the mission and then look in Ship_Damage_Status and Industrial_Installations tables.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer