MTO March 1942

A meeting place for people running SEOW campaigns and people who want to participate in SEOW campaigns.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Kopfdorfer

MTO March 1942

Post by Kopfdorfer »

This is a very short campaign 4-6 missions only , designed as a workshop for novice SEOW Commanders like myself
to get to know how to use the Mission Planner , and make mistakes to learn from .

Historical Setting :
Rommel is gathering his strength for the next offensive in the Gazala Area , but is limited by supply constraints.
Aircraft , Submarines , and MTBs based out of Malta threaten every convoy from Italy to Afrika.

Malta is causing the Axis enough strife that many German and Italian commanders in the region favour an invasion.

The small islands of Pantelleria and Lampedusa provide airfields for Axis aircraft to challenge the Malta raiders.
The forces on these islands , however , are subject to the supply restrictions they are fighting to alleviate.

The Campaign Concept :
This is a simple unsophisticated construct with very basic Victory Conditions , to allow the commanders to concentrate on learning to manoeuvre their forces , rather than meeting convoluted VC.

Several supply ships are gathered in ports along the southern coast of Sicily , loaded with supplies for Pantelleria and Lampedusa.

The Axis commander(s) must deliver these vessels to Pantelleria and Lampedusa , and at least one vessel must be alive within the Control Radius of EACH island in good order at the end of the campaign for the Axis to win.

The Allied commander(s) must prevent the Axis VC.

The Axis commander must decide whether to rush the vessels to the islands and defend them there , or take a longer ,slower route , so that they arrive safely during the last mission , in one piece.

Assetts :
Axis Planeset :
German - Ar-196 , Bf109F2, Bf109F4 , Bf110D, Bf110E , He-111H6 , Ju87D, Ju88A4 , Ju88D-1 , Ju88C6
Italian - MC202 SeriesVII , RE2000 , MC200FB , CR42 , Ju87R , SM79 , Cantz506

Axis Naval Forces - one screening TF , U-Boats , MTBs , PBs

Axis Ground Forces - Flak Units , CC Units , Transport Units (that's ALL folks !)

Allied Planeset
RAF - Hurricane IIB , Hurricane IIC , Beaufighter IC , Beaufort I Late , Wellington IC , Maryland PRI , Sunderland MkI , Walrus MkI

Allied Naval Forces - Submarines , Minesweepers , MTBs

Allied Ground Forces - AAA Units , CC Units , Transport Units (that's ALL folks ! )

This is a training campaign designed specifically so that the commanders can learn to manipulate their units in manageable chunks of knowledge. It has not been designed to satisfy ANY other goals than to provide a platform to achieve that end.

Anyone reading this interested in learning how to manipulate units using the Mission Planner , and how to use the information that the MP provides the SEOW commander is urged to contact me either here at SEOWHQ , at SAS , at M4T , or catch me online in the Hyperlobby.

There will be a workshop this Saturday Sept 1 at 1900 hrs Atlantic ( UTC-3)
You will need TeamSpeak 3 and a functioning Internet Explorer 11.

Hopefully we can pick up a stray or two.

Kopfdorfer
Kopfdorfer

Re: MTO March 1942

Post by Kopfdorfer »

Central Med 1942 Mini-Campaign is ready to go.
Teams are sorted ( Pilots still welcome - contact me , Kopfdorfer)

6 x 2 hr Missions
Saturdays 2000 hrs Atlantic ( UTC-3)

Starting next Saturday Oct 20

Kopfdorfer
RonaldFe

Post by RonaldFe »

Kopfdorfer wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 8:50 am Central Med and this amazing testosterone boosters article is ready to go.
Teams are sorted ( Pilots still welcome - contact me , Kopfdorfer)

6 x 2 hr Missions
Saturdays 2000 hrs Atlantic ( UTC-3)

Starting next Saturday Oct 20

Kopfdorfer
Did this campaign already happen, Kopfdorfer?
Last edited by RonaldFe on Thu 14 Jul 2022 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kopfdorfer

Post by Kopfdorfer »

Greetings RonaldFe

We have completed 5 of 6 Missions.
Next Saturday (Dec 8) will be the final Mission.
If you would like to join us on Teamspeak , let me know by PM and
I will send you the contact info.

If you have interest in this type of SEOW campaign , with emphasis on learning ,
please contact me with your email address , and I will inform you of the next such event.

There will be a little time off between , as I am not too fast in building campaigns.

I hope to start another in the new year.

Kopfdorfer
Kopfdorfer

Post by Kopfdorfer »

Central Med 1942 Campaign is complete.

The campaign resulted in an operational draw , with Lampedusa being supplied , and with
the Allies preventing the resupply of Pantelleria.

Thanks for technical assistance from 4Shades, CSThor , and AH_Kawwilder.
Thanks for support form both commanders , 11th Frog (Allies) and Emmett Grogan (Axis).
Thanks to Tolwyn for backup hosting availability.

Thanks to each and every participant.
Even if you flew only one mission , you enhanced the experience for everyone else.

Kopfdorfer