Three simple questions

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

22GCT_Gross

Three simple questions

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

hi guys,
we're getting started for the first italian seow test campaign on Guadalcanal.
see
www.72sq.it
http://85.14.219.109/ScorchedEarth/MP4/ ... efault.php

I have three simple (maybe stupid) questions:
1. How and where campaign victory conditions are set?
2. If victory condition is based on scoring, how do statistics handle it in order to check this condition is reached?
3. Are the scorings fixed or one can personalize them?

tnx
22GCT_Gross
22GCT_Gross
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi gross,

1) Victory conditions are determined by the campaign designer. They can take any form. The campaign admin can set appropriate text for each side plus text visible to BOTH sides using the "Objectives" tool in the "Manage Campaign" link on the Guadalcanal sector home page.

2) SEOW will not auto-track all statistics and announce a winner automatically. SEOW will provide detail scores for each mission; players will have to add them up themselves if a running tally is required.

3) Scores are set in the Object_Costs table of the DB. It is best to edit this table prior to starting a campaign. Do NOT delete any records unless you are really sure you don't need the affected unit types. The Pilot Kill penalty is a DCS option under Statistics.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Thank you very much.
I hope this first experience will let italian community to join the fantastic enviroment of SEOW.
I'll report to you our experience-

PS: We had to switch to IwoJima beacuse of a display error on loading MP guadalcanal map if logged as Allied or Axis, non problem logging as admin instead.
22GCT_Gross