Factories and Fuel Dumps not showing up on Map

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

doubletap

Factories and Fuel Dumps not showing up on Map

Post by doubletap »

Hi,

For some reason my factories and supply tanks no longer show up on campaign maps, even though I have enough controlling units within the required radius. I have installed DCS 3.1.3, tried more than one map, and even used a map from a previous campaign in which factories were used.

The factories and tanks do not show up even as neutral. I do have industrial production turned on for the campaign.

Any ideas what the issue may be?

While I always got error messages signing onto the Campaign map with IE, I now have to click throuh 6-10 error messages before the map finishes loading.

I am currently using a local install, MYSQL.

Doubletap

P.S. Reinforcement points also do not show up on maps anymore, even on ones which I have used before (Kuban).
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

OK, let's step back. If you are using IE6+, you should tolerate NO error messages when loading any map. Please post your error messages here.

Possible causes of no factories:

(i) your MP is loading sector-specific data from a DB that has no data for that sector, e.g. your Normandy pages are using a split DB for New Guinea.

(ii) you have a weird non-printing character as a factory name, e.g. through some customization.

(iii) Maybe your MySQL server is using MyISAM table engines instead of InnoDB, or perhaps you have a Linux MySQL server with lowercase table names defined (SEOW demands the use of mixed-case table names).

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

doubletap

Post by doubletap »

Shades,

Okay, the error I get, which maybe is not technically an error, is the following:

"STOP RUNNING THIS SCRIPT?

A script on this page is causing IE to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive."

I hit NO several times before the map loads up. I am using IE 7, and the DB definitely was not altered by me, as I have not even attempted to try something like that, yet.

Units and airfields show up fine.

I cannot say which tables I am using. It is from the B16NEK's autoinstaller setup.

Doubletap
EJGr.Ost_Chamel

Post by EJGr.Ost_Chamel »

doubletap wrote: Okay, the error I get, which maybe is not technically an error, is the following:

"STOP RUNNING THIS SCRIPT?

A script on this page is causing IE to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive."
Have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3 ... &x=12&y=11

Greetings

Chamel
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

The "A script on this page is causing IE to run slowly" message in the MP is usually due to the MP taking a long time to interpret a large number of "In Progress" missions.

Some template designers load the template with many moving units, so once you initialize your campaign, you may end up with 50 or 100 units with movement orders. You can leave them there, and run the template as the designer intended - the missions will eventually cease after several missions as the units move along their waypoints. Alternatively, you can just remove the waypoints altogether. The DCS has a feature called "Remove In Progress" that you can use to remove all such movement orders, giving you a clean slate to start with, and helping your MP load maps much faster.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Loon

Post by Loon »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:.... Alternatively, you can just remove the waypoints altogether. The DCS has a feature called "Remove In Progress" that you can use to remove all such movement orders, giving you a clean slate to start with, and helping your MP load maps much faster.
Can this feature added to the MP? Sometimes, due unknown reason, units appear as "in progress" when they shouldn't.

BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Hi doubletap,

I will have a look at the database in the BUS. It may be incomplete for your sector.

Give me a little time and I'll post back.

I have a question regarding the SQL files. I have pondered over it before but am I right in thinking that you can get away with using the Unix Reference file without any of the split DB's? I keep thinking that I need to put all the files in the DB.

BBloke
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi BBloke,

The "Reference" .sql file is the full dataset containing ALL information needed to run SEOW on ANY supported map. As such, the Reference DB is big, heavy and unwieldy, although it is perfectly acceptable to use it for production campaigns. The Reference database contains 0.5 million records of data even before you start a campaign.

It is usually much quicker and easier to build a database tailored for your SEOW sector of interest. For example, if you want to run an Imphal campaign, then just load the SEDB31_ImphalLite.sql file (from the SPLIT download). It contains ALL the information you need to support campaign operations in the Imphal sector. Because it is smaller, DB queries are likely to run faster, making administration of the campaign smoother.

Of course, with MySQL you can define any number of databases. Some people load up the relevant Lite DB for each and every sector supported by the MP, other just set up a Reference DB as the common MP "default" connection, then load a Lite DB for whatever campaign sector they are focusing on at the time.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Thanks for that Shades. It has helped me figure a few things out. I remember in the earlier days there was a base file then additional map files which found its way in to my head and wont go away.

I have put together a post which cures the BUS and helps MySQL standalone version from barfing at data population.

Please check this thread: http://raf74.net/seow/viewtopic.php?p=1116#1116